Self Catering Accommodation,
Sandyhills bay, Colvend Coast, Dumfries and Galloway
Criffel Lodge is an ideal holiday chalet for wildlife and birdwatching holidays with abundant wildlife to be seen from the lodge - including badgers
and red squirrels
. RSPB Mersehead
is just afew miles away. For activity holidays there is 7Stanes Mountain Biking at Dalbeattie and Criffel Lodge is next to Colvend golf course. It's a short walk to Sandyhills beach and the coastal path leading round to Rockcliffe.
Sleeps 6 comfortably in three bedrooms. Discounts for smaller groups. Double glazing and central heating, travel cot available at no extra cost.
The chalet style lodge is situated on the edge of Colvend golf course and next to mature oak woodland. Criffel Lodge is one of a small group of ten log cabins with pleasant country views. There is even a limited view of the sea and the Lake District from Criffel Lodge.
- Quiet location, great location for nature watchers, bird watching and a base for activity holidays
- Sandyhills beach/coast a short walk away
- Wildlife. Regular visits from badgers and red squirrels
- Birds. From the lodge, Spotted Flycatcher, Tawny Owl, Peregrine Falcon, possible Osprey sighting and regular woodland and coastal birds
- Mersehead RSPB reserve just a few miles away – no entry fee
- Golf – the lodge is next to the 12th fairway
- 7stanes mountain biking, Dalbeattie the closest
"Wow! What a wonderful place. One of the best equipped places we have stayed in. We will definitely be back as the scenery here is amazing and a great place for golf." - Dave, Jane and family, Leeds - Badger at Criffel Lodge
"Wonderful, peaceful break from the city with a lovely calm setting" - Neal, Ruth and family, London
Criffel Lodge sleeps 6 in three bedrooms, one double and two full sizes twin rooms. There is a spacious open plan living, dining, kitchen area and a decking balcony. The lodge has full central heating.
Criffel Lodge really is the place for a self catering holiday. Whether you want to relax in peaceful surroundings or tire yourselves out with every activity you can think of, you'll enjoy your stay. Get in touch now
directly with the owners and make your booking.Contact us
for enquiries and bookingsPricing details